The 18V LXT Brushless Cordless 18 Ga. Offset Shear Kit (XSJ04T) cuts up to 18 ga. mild steel and 20 ga. stainless steel and is capable of radius cuts up to 3”. These new shears are designed for HVAC, drywall, MEP, metal fabrication, metal manufacturing, roofing, and other trade segments.
It is equipped with a Makita-built brushless motor allowing for a high degree of power efficiency with an exceptionally high 3,000 SPM speed. The shear head rotates 360-degrees with an easy push-button for various cutting positions. The trigger can be locked in the on position for continuous use and lock-off position requires two actions to start. This metal shear features a pistol grip for easy maneuverability and cast aluminum gear housing for less weight. The XSJ04 also features a built-in L.E.D. light and belt clip.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Cuts up to 18 ga. mild steel, 20 ga. stainless steel and capable of radius cuts up to 3" in various sheet metal types
- BL™ Brushless motor is designed to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers variable 0-3,000 SPM
- Ergonomically designed pistol grip is optimized to provide increased maneuverability and comfort
- Tool-free shear head rotates 360° for increased comfort in various cutting positions
- Replaceable steel blades with a maximum cut capacity of up to 18 ga. material thickness
- Cast aluminum gear housing for less weight and increased durability
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Built-in L.E.D. light helps illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Trigger lock-on capability for continuous use; lock-off power switch requires two actions to start the power
- Belt clip secures the tool when not in use
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Compact and lightweight design at 13-1/8" long; weighing only 5.1 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Capacity (mild steel, ga.): 18 ga.
- Capacity (stainless, ga.): 20 ga.
- Capacity (aluminum, ga.): 12 ga.
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed): 0 - 3,000 SPM
- 360° Rotating Head: Yes
- Minimum Cutting Radius: 3"
- Lock-On Switch: Yes
- Overall Length: 13-1/8"
- Net Weight: 5.1 lbs.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Type (Shears & Nibblers): Shear
- Form Factor (LXT): 18V LXT®
- Motor Type: Brushless
- (1) 18V LXT® Brushless 18 Gauge Offset Shear (XSJ04Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) Belt Clip (346449-3)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783215-1)
- (1) 14" Contractor Tool Bag (832074-1)