The 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless Fiber Cement Shear Kit (XSJ05T) is designed for cutting cement board for exterior siding, backer board, or floor underlay with minimal dust. The cordless shear is designed for cutting cement board for bathroom tile, floor underlay, and exterior siding.
The XSJ05 is equipped with a Makita-built brushless motor allowing for a high degree of power efficiency with an exceptionally high 3,000 SPM speed. It has replaceable cutting blades that can be reversed for new cutting edges and longer blade life.
The shear head rotates 360-degrees with an easy push-button for various cutting positions. The shear features cast aluminum gear housing for less weight. A variable speed trigger provides increased control during use. The trigger has a lock-off power switch, requiring two actions to start the power. This metal shear features an ergonomic D-handle grip with an in-line motor for increased maneuverability. Other features include a built-in L.E.D. light and belt clip.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Efficient cutting of up to 1/2" thick cement board while producing less dust
- BL™ Brushless motor is designed to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers variable 0-3,000 SPM
- Tool-free shear head rotates 360° for increased comfort in various cutting positions
- Ergonomically designed rubberized D-handle is optimized to provide increased comfort on the job
- Cutting head is machined from precisely milled steel to ensure blades cut clean and straight
- Replaceable cutting blades can be reversed for new cutting edges and longer blade life
- Cast aluminum gear housing for less weight and increased durability
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Built-in L.E.D. light helps illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Lock-off power switch requires two actions to start the power
- Variable speed trigger provides increased control during use
- Belt clip secures the tool when not in use
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Compact and lightweight design at 14-7/8" long; weighs only 5.5 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Max. Cutting Capacity: 1/2"
- Strokes Per Minute (variable speed): 0 - 3,000 SPM
- 360° Rotating Head: Yes
- Lock-On Switch: No
- Overall Length: 14-7/8"
- Net Weight: 5.5 lbs.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Motor Type: Brushless
- (1) 18V LXT® Brushless 1/2" Fiber Cement Shear (XSJ05Z)
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) Belt Clip (346449-3)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783215-1)
- (1) 14" Contractor Tool Bag (832074-1)