Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation, and has combined all three in the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 10" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with AWS®. It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for maximum power, speed and run time, but without leaving the 18V LXT® platform. Makita brushless motors are engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. It’s also equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS®) for wireless connectivity with an AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately).
The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and efficient cutting, with Automatic Speed Change™ technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
For improved efficiency, it’s equipped with Auto-Start Wireless System technology. AWS® utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless communication between the tool and dust extractor (sold separately). When the trigger of the AWS-equipped XSL04ZU is engaged, the AWS-equipped dust extractor powers-up. When the trigger is released, the dust extractor powers-down. AWS is intelligent communication that eliminates cords and excessive noise since the dust extractor runs only when the tool is running.
The XSL04ZU has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4”) and crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8” nested), the largest in its class. It will also make 12" crosscuts at 90-degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. Additional features include a high-quality 40T carbide-tipped blade, built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, and improved dust collection capability for use with a bag (included) or vacuum (sold separately). It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord (batteries not included)
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- Auto-start Wireless System (AWS®) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 334 cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF and up to 192 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8" crown molding (vertically nested), 5-1/4" baseboard (vertical), and 12" crosscuts at 90°
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Integrated 4-3/4" tall fence system for increased rigidity and more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether or not blade is turning; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise cutting "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade"
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- High power provides efficient cutting in wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Direct drive motor for increased cutting efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Easy one-touch slide lock for convenience
- Simple 90º turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Metal extension wings for durability
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges on the tool indicate battery charge levels
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and chargers sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers have a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- Weighs 60.2 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Blade Diameter: 10"
- Arbor: 5/8"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°): 2-13/16" x 12"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R): 2-13/16" x 8-1/2"
- No Load Speed: 4,400 RPM
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 31-3/4" x 25-3/8" x 26"
- Net Weight (with battery): 60.2 lbs.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Automatic-Start Wireless System (AWS™): Yes (Transmitter Included)
- Form Factor (LXT): X2
- Motor Type: Brushless
- (1) Vertical Vise (122854-6)
- (1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
- (1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
- (1) Hex Wrench
- (1) 10" x 5/8" 40T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade
- (1) Wireless Unit